Monday, January 21, 2019

Tang, Intro Post


My name is Katherine Tang, and I’m from San Jose, California, where I’ve lived all 18 years of my life. I have a younger sister who is currently a freshman in high school. My current plans include a major in Biomedical Engineering while on the pre-health track. When I’m not binge reading organic chemistry, my guilty pleasure is reading cheesy fiction novels. Recently, my mind was blown when I found out Maximum Ride had a 9th book after James Patterson falsely advertised Nevermore as the final book in the series. My favorite book series of all time is probably Percy Jackson, and the movies for the first two books were one of the biggest disappointments of my life. Besides geeking out on books and movies, I play badminton, and I hope to practice more while at Duke. Music has always been a big part of my life as well, and although I do play the piano, my secret wish is to have the talent to compose. 

I admit that I’m a fairly awful writer (and fit the Pratt stereotype) but I turn verbose over things I’m interested in. When I discovered there was a Disney writing course, I was immediately intrigued. I’ve guiltily always been fascinated by the whole concept of Disney magic and how they’ve been able to entrance generations after generations, even deeming Disneyland the “happiest place on earth”. However, there are many controversial aspects of Disney, heightened by the size and influence of the corporation, and I think it’s great to have the opportunity to dissect some of the stories, analyzing the implications of the films that I may never have considered while I was younger. Overall, I can’t wait to learn more about Disney and challenge any long withstanding opinions I currently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rose #Shelfie