Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Rooney, Intro Post

My name is Alexa Rooney and I am from Alexandria, Virginia, which is just outside of Washington, D.C. I have two brothers, one who is actually a senior at Duke, and one who is a freshman in High School, and at home I live with them and my mother and father. I also have two dogs, a mini dachshund named Shaq and a border collie named Maya, both of whom are rescues. I went to a small-ish private school in McLean, Virginia, which happened to be across the street from the CIA.

I am taking this class because I have always loved Disney. When we were younger, we went to Disney far too often, even annually. We are huge fans of many of the Disney franchises, from the Lion King to Star Wars. I’ve always loved analyzing the meanings and critiques of these film franchises. I am excited to take a deeper look into the fairy tales that I took at face value as a child and haven’t really revisited since.

Below are two of the many, many photos from Disney visits as a child!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rose #Shelfie