Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Shin, Intro Post

Hi, my name is Andrew Shin and I'm from Glen Allen, Virginia. I went to Maggie Walker Governor's School for high school in Richmond, about 20 minutes away from my house. I'm an only child, something that I have thoroughly enjoyed over the years, but I have several cousins who all live in South Korea. My parents are first generation immigrants so I grew up speaking both English and Korean, and I still only speak Korean at home. Currently, I'm interested in studying neuroscience and music on the pre-med track. I play viola in the symphony orchestra and am doing Alzheimer's research at a lab on the med campus.

I have always been a huge Disney fan and was ecstatic to learn that this course existed. I absolutely love all of the animated movies and greatly enjoy playing the soundtracks to said movies in orchestra or a quartet. This semester, I'm interested in taking a deeper look at the hidden symbolism represented in each Disney film. I also want to explore Disney's inherent conservative viewpoint of an ideal world and how that affects its audience in terms of developmental psychology. Lastly, improving my writing skills would be a personal goal that I hope to achieve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rose #Shelfie